Reasoning Quiz



Directions (Q. 1-5): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Read both the statements and give answer :

1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.

1. S, B, P, J and M are sitting around a circle facing at the centre. Who is to the immediate right of M?
I. S is third to the left of M.
II. B is between S and J.



2. Who among M, N, O, P and Q is youngest?
I. O and P are younger than M and Q.
II. N is younger than M, D and O but older than P.

3. How is P related to S?
I. S's mother is P's mother-in-law.
II. S is the only son of R, who is P's mother-in-law.

4. X is in which direction with respect to Y?
I. X is west of M, who is south of P and P is to the east of Y.
II. N is to the west of Z and to the south of X and Z is to the south of Y.

5. Who among A, B, C, D and E reached school last?
I. B and C reached together.
II. Only A and D reached school ahead of C.

Directions (Q. 6-10) : Read the given information and answer the following questions:

Six friends P, Q, R, S, T and U are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. They are reading different kind of books—

Fiction, Poetry, Literature, Drama, Thriller and Action, but not necessarily in the same order. Each of them have worn shirt of different colours—White, Black, Green, Red, Yellow and Blue. The persons who read Literature, Poetry and Thriller books are neither in White nor in Black. P is neither wearing White shirt nor on the immediate left of the person who reads Literature. The only person who is between T and U reads Fiction book. S is reading Literature and the colour of his shirt is Green. He is facing the person who is reading Fiction book. One who is reading Drama book is seated opposite the person wearing blue shirt. The person whose shirt is green colour is on the immediate left of the person who is reading Thriller book. The people who are in Black and Yellow shirts have neither reading Drama nor Poetry. R is not reading Poetry. One who is reading Action is on the immediate left of the person who is reading Poetry. U neither reads Drama book nor fiction book.

6. Who among the following reads Thriller book?
1) P 
2) Q 
3) R 
4) S 
5) T

7. Who among the following is wearing White shirt?
1) P 
2) Q 
3) R 
4) S 
5) T

8. One who is reading Drama book is in which shirt?
1) Black 
2) Blue 
3) Green 
4) Red 
5) None of these

9. Who is sitting second to the left of S?
1) U 
2) R 
3) T 
4) Q 
5) P

10. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched?
1) S–Thriller–Yellow 
2) Q–Literature–Blue 
3) R–Fiction–White 
4) T–Drama–White 
5) None of these


Answers:
1. 5;

From I: There is nothing mentioned about B, P and J. So, I alone is not sufficient.
From II: There is nothing mentioned about M and P. So, II alone is not sufficient.
From I and II:

Thus, P is immediate right of M. Therefore, I and II both are necessary to answer.

2. 2

From I: M and Q > O and P
So, I alone is not sufficient.
From II: M, D and O > N > P. Hence P is the youngest.
Thus II alone is sufficient.

3. 2
From I: S’s mother is P’s mother-in-law. So, P and S are wife-husband. But gender of P and S is not given. Hence I alone is not sufficient.
From II:

Thus, P is wife of S. Therefore, II alone is sufficient.

4. 4
From I:

Thus, I alone is not sufficient.
From II:

Thus, II alone is not sufficient.
From I and From II: We didn’t find the exact direction of X with respect to Y. Thus, I and II both are not sufficient to answer.

5. 5
From I: B and C reached together, but nothing is mentioned about A, D and E. So, I alone is not sufficient.

From II: A and D > C. There is nothing mentioned about B and E. Thus, II alone is not sufficient.
From I and From II: A and D > B and C < E

Therefore, E reached last at school, Thus, I and II both are necessary.


6. 1
7. 3
8. 4
9. 1
10. 3




Post a Comment